Monday, October 11, 2010

Psalm 139

Although I have always identified myself as a spiritual person, I have never really thought of myself as a religious person (yes, there is a difference). Regardless, for today's post, I'd like to share the following psalm. I find it extremely encouraging, particularly for individuals born with special needs. It helps me remember that, regardless of whether or not you believe in God, we are all part of this earth, put here with our own special purpose, to love one another and respect one another, despite our differences. I often believe that all of our days were "ordained" for us before we were even born, mapping out what paths we were to follow in this life.

"For you created my inmost being;
You knit me together in my mother's womb.
I praise You because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
Your works are wonderful,
I know that full well.
My frame was not hidden from you
when I was made in the secret place.
When I was woven together in the depths of the earth,
Your eyes saw my unformed body.
All the days ordained for me
were written in your book
before one of them came to be."
(Psalm 139: 13-16)


No comments:

Post a Comment