Thursday, March 31, 2011

The Upside of Down (Syndrome)

When I tell people that Jack has Down Syndrome, I get a myriad of responses. Some people get quiet, some become speechless. Some even say, "I'm sorry" (Grrrrr), while others just smile. I used to get nervous before telling anyone new about my Jack man, but lately I've found myself wanting to shout it from the rooftops. Why? I'll tell you why ... Because Jack is the most wonderful thing that has ever happened to me or my family. Because I, for first time in my life, see the world as God wants me to see it. Because I now believe in true love, and I believe in miracles. Because I see all the hopes and dreams of our future when I look into my son's eyes. Because I now know that my family can get through anything we may face, as long as we are together. Because I believe in the innate goodness of people, despite their misgivings. Because I now understand why "bad" things need to happen to "good" people. Because I know that God has a plan for us all, especially for my Jack. Because I now know in my heart that all we have to do to make it in this world is just LOVE.

And finally, because all I see is the Upside of Down ...


... since there just simply is no downside.

4 comments:

  1. This made my heart smile, and I agree wholeheartedly!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And he is just simply adorable! He's perfect! I must have that new header photo for my house - it's my new favorite! Can't wait to see Jack this weekend. Xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. loving his new haircut! happy 10 months a little late! hugs from Grady! miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  4. 4 1/2 years into the journey, I couldn't agree more!

    ReplyDelete