Monday, October 1, 2012

31 for 21: DAY 1 :: Down Syndrome Awareness Month

Happy October everyone!  In case you forgot, October is Down Syndrome Awareness Month, and in keeping with my tradition of years past, I hope to support the "31 for 21" campaign again this year by blogging every day this month in honor of our special little guy Jack!  (Wish me luck!  Ha!)


To keep my posts from becoming mundane, I thought I would do something a little different this year.  I hope to post a fact about Down syndrome every day this month (along with some photos full of cuteness, of course!), as my way of educating others about Ds, spreading awareness, and promoting inclusion.  By doing so, I hope to dispel any myths or rumors that may be floating around out there about the diagnosis, about my son, and about families of children with Down syndrome.

So, to kick off Down Syndrome Awareness Month, here's your Down Syndrome Fact of the Day:

Jack and other individuals with Down syndrome are more alike their typically-developing peers than they are different.

See?


On a different note, I want to give a BIG BIRTHDAY SHOUT OUT to a very special little boy!  Jack's cousin Levi turned 3 today!  

 HAPPY BIRTHDAY, LEVI!!! 

We hope you had a wonderful day, buddy!  We miss you and love you, and can't wait to see you again soon!


Also, yesterday Jack's "Pops" celebrated his BIG 6-0!  It was so great to celebrate with you Pops!  Thanks for everything you do for us!  We love you very much! 

HAPPY 60TH BIRTHDAY, POPS!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment