Thursday, October 21, 2010

I wouldn't change a thing ...

Tonight, after a long day of work, I had the joy of coming home to my sweet smiling, laughing baby boy. I swear, he giggled so long and loud tonight while I was holding him for the first time that I truly thought my heart would melt. It's so incredible how much of a change I have gone through over the last couple of months ... from fearing the future to loving my new life and new purpose. I have often thought about whether or not I would take away Jack's Down Syndrome if I could, but now I can honestly say that I am not sure I would if I could. Months ago, I would've have told you that I would. Now I can proudly affirm that if it meant that taking away Jack's diagnosis would take away his little personality and the way he makes me feel when he smiles and laughs, I wouldn't change a thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment