Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Therapy ... "Retail" Therapy, that is

Day 5 of our "31 for 21" campaign has been filled with planning, planning, and more planning.  I wish I had more entertaining musings to share this evening, but unfortunately my day was mostly filled with errands.  We are heading out of town tomorrow to Connecticut for the wedding of Robert's cousin Nancy and her fiance Jake.  It's going to be a fun one!  Jackers will be embarking on not his first, not his second, but his THIRD airplane excursion tomorrow morning at the ripe old age of 16 months!  Needless to say, in addition to the normal Buddy Walk planning I've been up to, I've spent most of today packing and planning our trip.

The mundaneness of today was, however, highlighted by a wonderful therapy session with Jack's developmental therapist Annette and some evening "retail" therapy between just my mom and me. 

Annette taught Jack how to sign "where" today, saying things like, "Where's Mommy?" and "Where's Ms. Annette?"  He caught on quickly and actually pointed to Annette once.  It was so sweet!  Also, Jack crawled over Annette's leg a couple of times during therapy, which is one of the things we've been working on for our PT "homework," so naturally, I was really excited!  I can't believe how big of a developmental growth spurt our little Jack is experiencing!  It makes my heart beam!!!

Onto the retail therapy ...

I tell you, my mom always knows how to cheer me up.  Being postpartum and still trying to lose my "baby weight" (yeah, I know it's been 16 months, but it's still my excuse), I really wanted to find a dress for this weekend's wedding that I feel really comfortable in.  I wanted a dress that was comfortable on two fronts ... I wanted it to look nice, but also comfortable enough to carry around and dance with a 16-month old in.  Well, after several very discouraging "try-ons" at a certain department store, I finally found THE dress at a very inexpensive and fun store with the help of my sweet and always complimentary mother.  It was nice to spend some time together just me and her, because I feel that's a little rare these days.  Thanks again, Mom, for helping me finally find a dress I feel really pretty in!  You're the best!

Goodnight, friends!  We'll talk again tomorrow (from Connecticut)!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment