Monday, October 31, 2011

Day 31: Happy Halloween!

"31 for 21" Mission Complete ... Happy Halloween!

We hope that everyone had a very fun and safe Halloween tonight.  I had to work pretty late, so Jack enjoyed handing out candy with Daddy tonight until I got home.  (No kidding, we think we had about 100 trick-or-treaters come to our house tonight!)  Jack is still a little young for trick-or-treating, but we definitely look forward to getting our buddy out to pound the neighborhood pavement next year!

With everything I had going on this month, I have to say that I am quite surprised with myself that I managed to blog every single day of the month of October in recognition of Down Syndrome Awareness Month.  I know that on some days (okay, on most days) I didn't necessarily write about Down syndrome.  But, the point here is that my blog is about our life with our sweet Jack, who just happens to have an extra chromosome.  And with each day, our life is becoming less and less about Down syndrome and more just about this amazing, energetic, silly, opinionated and giggly little boy we call Jack.  Down syndrome is definitely a part of our life and does, in some ways, dictate our daily routines, but Down syndrome does not, by any means, define us.  Rather, we are just regular people trying to live an exceptional and meaningful life with the blessings that we've been granted.  We prefer to be defined not by what makes our family different from yours, but instead by the LOVE that binds us.

Happy Halloween again, everyone, and thank you so very much for reading!  See you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment