Wednesday, October 26, 2011

You asked for it!

For months before Jack started crawling and cruising, we couldn't wait for him to become mobile.  We worked on our PT homework daily and prayed for mobility nightly.  People used to tell me to be careful what you wish for, because once Jack got mobile, he would be into everything.  I remember telling these people that I couldn't wait for him to be into everything, because, in my eyes, that would make him more like his "typical" peers.  Well, friends ... you ask and you shall receive!!!

While I was folding laundry today in the den, Jack was playing on the floor with his music table.  Before I knew it, I heard a little thumping down the hallway toward the kitchen ... a thumping noise that I have learned to be the sound of Jack's cute little crab crawl.  This time it was a little faster than usual.  I then heard another noise that I couldn't quite put my finger on.  I can't stand not finishing a task once I've started it, so I hurried to finish folding the last few items of clothing from my laundry pile, thinking that there wasn't anything on the kitchen floor with which Jack could injure himself.  Well, I walked into the kitchen to find this ...

 
Yep, Mr. Jackers found the dog's bowl.  And, I may or may not have found a piece of kibble in his mouth.  (Fiber for the day, check!)

Well, hell ... at least he's self feeding!  I'm just sayin'.

1 comment: